- Minimum deposit required to open & obtain APY is $800.00
- If the balance falls below $800.00 at any time during the month there is a $5.00 base charge
- Debit card is available for $2.00/month
- Federal regulation prohibits corporations from opening this type of account
- Fees may reduce earnings
- Please contact us for rate information
- Our most popular account
- Minimum balance of $50.00 required to open an account
- Requires no minimum monthly balance
- Base charge of $8.00/month
- No charge for a Debit Card
- No charge for regular safety paper checks
- No charge for cashier checks, stop payments, or notary service
- Not available for business accounts
Regular Checking Account
- Minimum deposit to open is $50.00
- No service charge if balance remains $300.00 or above for the entire statement cycle. If the balance falls below $300.00 at any time during the month, the base charge is $2.00 plus an additional $.15 per debit item for the entire statement cycle.
- Debit Card available for $2.00/month
- Interest rate and APY earned on balances over $50.00
- Minimum balance to open an account is $5.00
- Please contact us for rate information
Preferred Money Market Account (Money Market Savings)
- Minimum deposit/balance required to obtain APY is $2,500.00
- Please call for Annual Percentage Yields (APY) and Interest Rates
- This Account is available to all customers
When you’re ready to deposit funds for a specific period of time, a St. Clair State Bank CD provides a fixed interest rate for the term of your CD. Upon maturity, we provide a grace period of 10 calendar days before your certificate will automatically renew. The rate adjusts to the current interest rate upon maturity. Terms vary.
- Competitive Rates
- Variety of terms
- Minimum of $250.00 Deposit
- 10 Calendar day grace period upon maturity
- Rate adjusts to current interest rate upon maturity
- Fixed interest rate for term of investment
- Penalty may be imposed for early withdrawal
- Insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation for up to $250,000.00 per depositor
If you’re looking at ways to manage your money, plan for your retirement, or you’re nearing retirement, St. Clair State Bank can help. We’ll guide you through all your options, taking out the mystery of the process and the products. We look forward to discussing the variety of options we have available with you.
- A Traditional IRA is an account set up to save for retirement that offers special tax advantages. These include tax deductions on contributions if eligible, tax-deferred earnings, and additional tax credit for qualifying individuals.
- A Roth IRA is an account set up to save for retirement that offers special tax advantages that differ from a Traditional IRA. A Roth IRA does not offer a tax deduction for contributions made to the account but offers tax-exempt earnings for qualified distributions. It also offers tax-deferred earnings and an additional tax credit for qualifying individuals.
- Simplified Employee Pension is a Traditional IRA set up by an employer for an employee. Only the employer can make contributions to the IRA and the employee is 100% vested in the account which means they have full ownership of the money.
- A Savings Incentive Match Plan for Employees allows employers to contribute to a traditional IRA for their employees. This account is ideal for small employers who want to start a retirement savings plan for their employees. Employers cannot have any other retirement plan and must contribute to the plan each year. Employees may also elect to contribute and are always 100% vested in the account.
Coverdell Education Savings Account
- A Coverdell Education Savings Account is an account created as an incentive to help parents and students save for educational expenses. Contributions are not tax deductible but grow tax free until distributed. The beneficiary (someone under the age of 18) will not owe tax on the distributions if they are less than their qualified education expenses at an eligible institution such as a qualified higher education, elementary, or secondary education.
Transfers and Rollovers
- If you are changing jobs, retiring or you would simply like to move your current IRA from another account to St. Clair State Bank, we can assist you with the transfer or rollover of your retirement dollars into an IRA.